Marriage abroad; application for subsequent certification in the German marriage register

A marriage abroad can be subsequently notarized in the German marriage register.
Stand: 10.04.2024. Link zum BayernPortal

Online procedure

Marriage abroad - subsequent certification

You can apply online for the subsequent certification of a marriage abroad at the relevant registry office.

Editorially responsible: Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior, for Sport and Integration (see BayernPortal)

Dept. of subsequent certifications


Rathausplatz 1
91052 Erlangen


jetzt geschlossen
Montag: 08:30 - 12:00 Uhr und 14:00 - 18:00 Uhr
Dienstag: 08:30 - 12:00 Uhr
Donnerstag: 08:30 - 14:00 Uhr
Freitag: 08:30 - 12:00 Uhr

On-site appointments are only possible by appointment.