Animal transport; application for approval of means of road transport

If you wish to use road transport vehicles commercially to transport animals for longer than 8 hours, you need a license for the means of transport from the competent veterinary office.

Stand: 02.01.2024. Link zum BayernPortal

Online procedure

Register animal transport (horse)

You can use this online application to register an animal transport (horse).

Citizen-friendly and digital: simply complete this online application directly via your internet browser. In many cases, this will save you a trip to the authorities.

Register animal transportation (cattle, sheep, goats)

You can register an animal transport (cattle, sheep, goats) online.
Editorially responsible: Bavarian State Ministry of the Environment and Consumer Protection (see BayernPortal)

City of Erlangen

The City of Erlangen offers a wide range of services.
Here you will find the individual specialist departments with their range of services.


Rathausplatz 1
91052 Erlangen


Depending on the respective office and institution.