Dogs; application for a permit to keep a fighting dog or a negative certificate

You need a permit to keep a so-called ''fighting dog''. A negative certificate is issued if it can be proven that the dog does not exhibit any increased aggressiveness or dangerousness.

Stand: 08.11.2023. Link zum BayernPortal

Online procedure

Dogs - Apply for a negative certificate

You can apply for a negative certificate on the basis of the Ordinance on Dogs with Increased Aggressiveness and Dangerousness.
Editorially responsible: Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior, for Sport and Integration (see BayernPortal)

Processing security law (3)


Rathausplatz 1
91052 Erlangen


jetzt geschlossen
Montag: 08:00 - 12:00 Uhr und 14:00 - 16:00 Uhr
Dienstag: 08:00 - 12:00 Uhr
Donnerstag: 08:00 - 14:00 Uhr
Freitag: 08:00 - 12:00 Uhr

On-site appointments are only possible by individual arrangement. Get in touch with us by phone, e-mail or contact form.

Availability by telephone:

Monday: 08:00 - 16:00
Tuesday to Thursday: 08:00 - 15:30
Friday: 08:00 - 12:00